Wednesday 1 April 2020

I was married!

Hallo people.

It's me. Yeap. Writing again. It was never my intention to continue writes since I've changed my profession and I need to put my priority on what important first.

However people..

Since I got some free time, why not?

So, last Friday, to be exact; on 20 March 2020, I have been married my best friend, my loyal listener, my forever advisor and the love of my life. Despite of the pandemics situation, we have thrown a simple ceremony and less than 50 peoples were invited.

It is so.... private.

The journey was never been easy.

We booked our flight ticket a month before our wedding day. We were scheduled to fly to Miri on the 18. However, later that evening we decided to rescheduled our flight ticket to Miri, which costs us an additional expenses which around MYR 800. 

We rushed back home and packed our things. We reached the airport at 4 am. There were so many people! The airport was damn packed with people. The journey took us about 2 and a half hours. It was tiring. I was asleep the entire hours. 

Once we arrived at the airport, we spend our 15 - 20 minutes to wait for the rental car owners to come. Another minute been wasted. Later, we drove to my sister's house and having breakfast with her and, we went to Harvey Norman. I swear to God, that was the biggest Harvey Norman ever. I bought iron and vacuum cleaner, to replace the older one.

Later, B drove us to Bekenu. He said he wanted to stop and eat at any gerai kampung, well yes to feel the kampung vibes. However people, there were no small shops / gerai here. So we need to drove straight to my hometown. The journey should be only approximately around 30 minutes, but, the google map brought us to which ever road that we both (well i mean.. I) did not familiar with. It took us one hour and 15 minutes to reach our destination. It such an unfamiliar road. But, we saw two (2) interesting place to be visited later - the Lambir National Park and Borneo Rainforest Resort. 

We reach my hometown at 3. B sent me home and he checked in to the homestay (which he had to stay there until the wedding day). Through out the day, I realized that I'm going to marry such a kindhearted man.

20 March 2020.
We were married today. We cooked ourselves (as I have cancelled the catering service). Nenek is a good cook. She cooked perfectly delicious. And B looks extra handsome that day. He looks good in his baju melayu. I teared a bit when Babah menikahkan us both. 

I really enjoyed my days in kampung. There's a lot of thing I could done. My husband, in the other hand, need to adjust himself to be a kampung boy for a while. It's so funny seeing him being attacked by the chickens and he cleaning up the dry leaves in front of my house. He's cute though.

A day after our solemnization day, we should have another round of majlis; our wedding reception. However, due to the current national health issue, we decided to cancel the event. Even our photographer cancels our outdoor photography session. He promised to replace our package with higher package. Thank god I bought a new DSLR camera. Hence, Emma (my sister) shoots our post-wedding photo. Here's a sneak peak of the photos. This was unedited version.



We need to email the raw photos to the photographer so that they can edit and print the photos.
Cant wait to hang the photo at our home!

This posting was a bit longer than I expected.

Hence, I need to stop writing ASAP.

Through out the journey, I do realized that:
1. Family is everything. They will help each other regardless the situation.
2. As a newly wedded couple, we are filled with love and things are still fresh. That is our responsibilities to ensure the love and the marriage to stay fresh and new.
3. As vowed during the akad, we both (the husband and wife) shall hold into that promises and keep it alive forever.

Till then.


Love,
Juerolley.











No comments:

Isn't that beautiful?

I was at my hometown when the Ministry announced that the country applied the RMO in our country nationwide. It fit the purpose and in ...